ENGLISH
Prominent businessmen held in connection with FETÖ probe
Thursday's police raids were conducted after the prosecutor ordered the arrest of dozens including famous businessmen, reports say
21 Ağustos 2016, Pazar
Thursday's police raids were conducted after the prosecutor ordered the arrest of dozens including famous businessmen, reports say
Police forces launched pre-dawn raids on more than 100 addresses as part of the ongoing investigation against the Fetullah Gülen Terror Organization (FETÖ).
The simultaneous operation was conducted by the Financial Crimes Unit from Istanbul police department.
Police forces stormed a residence compound on Acıbadem street in Kadıköy district, a major quarter in the city's Anatolian side. Police searched one of the flats in the compound.
The operation, which began at 5 a.m. earlier on Thursday, was backed by riot police. Police also carried out raids in İstanbul's districts of Fatih, Şişli, Kağıthane, Pendik and Şile.
Police have confiscated entire properties and assets of 187 businessmen, who faced warrants as part of the FETÖ investigation. Reports said 60 of these suspects are already under police custody.
It is claimed that police searched residential and business addresses, belonging to Ömer Faruk Kavurmacı, the chairman of Aydınlı Group, Nejat Güllüoğlu, owner of Güllüoğlu Baklava and Nurettin Eroğlu, the chair of Eroğlu Holding.
The joint operation came after the prosecutor, dealing with the FETÖ case, issued warrants for scores of people.
The simultaneous operation was conducted by the Financial Crimes Unit from Istanbul police department.
Police forces stormed a residence compound on Acıbadem street in Kadıköy district, a major quarter in the city's Anatolian side. Police searched one of the flats in the compound.
The operation, which began at 5 a.m. earlier on Thursday, was backed by riot police. Police also carried out raids in İstanbul's districts of Fatih, Şişli, Kağıthane, Pendik and Şile.
Police have confiscated entire properties and assets of 187 businessmen, who faced warrants as part of the FETÖ investigation. Reports said 60 of these suspects are already under police custody.
It is claimed that police searched residential and business addresses, belonging to Ömer Faruk Kavurmacı, the chairman of Aydınlı Group, Nejat Güllüoğlu, owner of Güllüoğlu Baklava and Nurettin Eroğlu, the chair of Eroğlu Holding.
The joint operation came after the prosecutor, dealing with the FETÖ case, issued warrants for scores of people.

Gaza death toll passes 50,500 mark amid ceaseless Israeli attacks

Islamophobia and anti-Palestinian racism in Canada higher than after 9/11, warns expert

International students in Türkiye embrace Ramadan traditions away from home

Turkish Graduates Will Undertake Important Tasks in the Reconstruction of Syria

NCCM CALLS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY AFTER DIVISIVE RHETORIC REPOSTED BY MANITOBA PC LEADERSHIP CANDIDATE

“YTB 15TH YEAR SPECIAL AWARD” IN THE PRESS PHOTOS OF THE YEAR COMPETITION

Turkish Graduates Take on Important Tasks in Reconstruction of Syria

Israeli army orders evacuation in central Gaza Strip

Gaza war victim's family denied entry to Australia

Canada must enable humanitarian aid into Gaza following "flour massacre"

London attack ruling first to recognize terror on grounds of white nationalism

YTB Organized Hanau Terrorist Attack Commemoration Program

Gaza’s death toll from Israeli attacks soars to 9,488

President Erdoğan holds talks with Algeria's Tebboune in Istanbul
