ENGLISH
Turkey: New arrest warrants for FETO suspects
Police launched raids in nine provinces after prosecutor issued arrest warrants for former officers, teachers
ANKARA
Police launched raids across nine provinces on Friday to arrest dozens of soldiers and teachers suspected of links to the group behind last year’s coup attempt.
The Ankara Public Prosecutor issued arrest warrants for 12 active duty army officers, four ex-soldiers and 44 teachers, a security official said on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on speaking to the media.
They are accused of links to the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) that orchestrated the July 15 coup attempt.
The official said 15 current and former soldiers and 28 former teachers had been arrested.
The ex-teachers previously worked in schools closed due to ties to FETO, the official added.
Three of the former military officers are retired while the fourth was suspended in the waves of dismissals and suspensions in the military, police and public sector since the failed coup, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.
Meanwhile, in another operation that was launched by the Ankara Public Prosecutor, 23 alleged FETO members were issued with arrest warrants for collecting money for the terrorist organization.
A security official, without giving a name, told Anadolu Agency 16 people among 23 sought had been arrested.
In another operation, two more fugitives were caught for allegedly using the ByLock app that FETO members use to communicate with each other without getting tracked.
Ankara has accused FETO of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police and judiciary.

31 Arab, Muslim countries condemn Netanyahu's 'Greater Israel' goals

“Love in Scutari” Continues to Attract International Literary Attention

Geopolitical risks that began with Gaza genocide escalated by Israel’s regional attacks: Turkish president

Gaza death toll nears 61,400 amid Israel’s genocidal war

A Rise of Islamophobia in Canada

Turkish Technology Professionals from Around the World Meet on the TurkTechDiaspora Platform

Gaza death toll nears 53,300 as Israel continues its genocidal war

YTB sheds light on the Armenian issue in the shadow of historical sites

Police warn of 'distraction thefts' targeting Muslim community

Fired Microsoft employees accuse company of enabling Israel’s attacks on Gaza

Gaza death toll tops 51,100 as Israeli army kills 92 more Palestinians

Gaza death toll passes 50,500 mark amid ceaseless Israeli attacks

Islamophobia and anti-Palestinian racism in Canada higher than after 9/11, warns expert

International students in Türkiye embrace Ramadan traditions away from home
